PICTURES OF MEN WEARING SNEAKERS:
Sneakers have come a long way, they used to be shoes for the gym, basketball court or jogging, but now we have different types of sneakers and also the way to style them differs. For example, (a) high top sneakers, these look more like basketball sneakers, you can wear them with baggy jeans, and skinny jeans a good example of high top sneakers is shoe in position (5) (b) Classic sneakers, these are basic flat sneakers, the ones you can wear with anything, a good example of a basic sneaker is shoe in position (7).
Then we also have the sports sneakers, the ones you can wear for jogging and at the same wear them as casual shoes, good example is sneaker ( 8, 9, 10 ). As you can see the options are quite wide, so each of us can wear a sneaker.
However, they’re some do’s and don’ts for sneakers. For example, do not wear high top sneakers with flared jeans or to an interview. Don’t wear above the ankle socks with classic sneakers, opt for short socks. Don’t wear high top basketball sneakers with chinos to the office, you will look awful.
Today on Olixe, I have compiled a list of the best sneakers for men, your choice for sneakers might be different from mine, but I’m sure you will not fail to find a sneaker which fits your style.
NOTE: Links to stores where you can buy these Sneakers for men are listed at the end of this post.
TOP 10 SNEAKERS FOR MEN:
Lacoste Men’s Marling Low Sneaker
These skater Vans looks a bit unique with their soft leather upper and comfortable lining makes them the best Vans for men. In 2014 we shall witness many changes in street fashion trends, but Vans and sneakers will always have a similar style, so don’t expect a new design of Vans very soon, though the durability and comfort will always improve. You can wear this sneaker with denim shorts and relaxed leg denim jeans. These Vans Men’s VANS SK8-HI SKATE SHOES 11.5 (NAVY) and feature suede – leather upper, textile lining and a rubber sole.
So, let’s see how you can wear these Vans for men?
Tip 1: You can team them with jeans, keep the trend very simple but stylish by complementing it with a long sleeved flannel shirt. If you want to look a little bit unique, you can opt for designer t-shirt and a seal brown leather jacket.
Saucony Originals Men’s Bullet Sneaker
These Saucony Originals Men’s Bullet Running Shoe,Charcoal/Red,9.5 M USwill fit you well and they’re very light so you will feel comfortable if you wear them for the all day. This black and white sneaker will match with most casual trends, so if you plan to go for a vacation, I suggest you get these cool sneakers. However, you don’t have to work out in these sneakers because they look too casual, if you want to work out, you should opt for running sneakers like the ones in position (9). However, you should go for a bigger size, for example, if you wear size 8 in normal shoes, opt for size 9 when it comes to these sneakers because they tend to be small and tight.
This Bullet Sneaker features nylon upper with suede on it, rubber sole, lace-up style and a soft foot-bed.
You can wear them with jeans, skinny cargo pants and shorts
Polo Ralph Lauren Men’s Vaughn Sneaker
Classic sneakers will always rock, it does not matter which designer or color you opt for, and these sneakers are easy to wear. I own a pair from DG but I match it with work jeans, I actually prefer wearing these classic sneakers to work than wearing dress / career shoes. You can get them in any color or material, some have a textile upper whiles others have leather upper. This is a classic sneaker from Polo Ralph Lauren; Polo Ralph Lauren Men’s Faxon Low Fashion Sneaker,Deep Royal/Citrus Yellow,9.5 M US and feature an embroidered pony logo on the sides, rubber sole, textile upper and a soft foot-bed which makes them comfortable.
“Wear Sneakers with a suit? Of course” says GQ Magazine
You can wear classic sneakers with jeans, shorts, cargo pants, chino pants and track pants. However recently, I have seen some men wearing them with suits, some may argue whether this trend is acceptable on certain occasions but it certainly is now fashionable, so if your not sure please don’t try it.
Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81 Sneaker
This is the type of sneaker you can wear with slim fit jeans and feel like you own the street because they feel so comfortable and they look stylish. Onitsuka Tiger Men’s Ultimate 81 HN201.2313 Lace-Up Fashion Sneaker,Red/Light Grey,12 M US, so once you fall in love with them, you might find your self ordering the other colors. This castle rock / yellow sneaker features leather & textile upper, rubber sole, textile lining which provides extra support. This model used to be a running shoe because they have flat bottom, but fashion has advanced, now these sports shoes can be worn on streets.
You can wear them with slim fit jeans, shorts, and skinny cargo pants. If you want to wear socks with these sneakers, make sure the socks are below the ankle. Please, so don’t wear flared or buggy jeans with this small sneaker, those two types of jeans have wide bottoms which will cover the top and beauty of the sneaker.
10. PUMA Men’s Osu NM Running Shoe
PUMA is well known for making sports shoes, this time Puma has crafted a trendy running shoe, PUMA Men’s Osu 3 Running Shoe,Grisaille/Black,10.5 D US, it fits well and its very light and flexible. These Puma sneakers breathe well so your foot will have no moisture as you run. Basically these are sports shoes; you can also wear them as street casual sneakers with jeans.
DO’S AND DON’TS FOR SNEAKERS MEN :
- Stick with the classic sneakers, these flat simple sneakers can match with most casual trends and they also look a bit representable.
- If you wear classic sneakers, feel free to fold the bottom of your jeans or chinos. It is not a crime to fold your pants just above the ankle to show off the beauty of your classic sneakers. But remember not to show us your dam socks.
- Discard worn out sneakers and buy new ones. I know you have some attachment on that pretty sneaker bought for you by your wife or girlfriend, your so much in love with them and that is the reason why they are worn out, so please, buy new sneakers.
- Don’t wear court sneakers to a party or any casual place or work. These shoes are meant for playing basketball or tennis, so please save us the shame, make it easy for others to associate with you by wearing the right sneakers to the right place.
- Don’t wear sneakers to a job interview. Guys, I know you love those cool sneakers from NIKE, ADIDAS OR PUMA, but a job interview requires you to wear career shoes, okay, if your not comfortable with most career shoes, opt for boat shoes.
- Don’t wear long socks with classic sneakers. If you wear a sneaker like the one in position (1), and you also feel like wearing socks with them, opt for very short white socks. Then if you wear high top sneakers, make sure that the socks don’t go above the sneakers.
- Don’t wear ultimate sports sneakers with suits or trousers. My former boss used to make this blunder and he looked so funny and disorganized. It does not matter how expensive your ultimate sneakers cost, you will look awful.
- Men above 40, please ignore sneakers with prints. My favourite designer Ed Hardy makes these printed sneakers, but they only look good on teens and youths. When you hit 40 years of age, you should opt for simple plain colored sneakers.
- Don’t wear classic flat sneakers or high tops for sports or jogging. Remember that most of the injuries we get while exercising are caused by wearing wrong shoes. These classic sneakers and high tops have a flat bottom, so their footbed is not as soft and NIKE AIR SNEAKERS, which means if you wear them as sports shoes, your foot will get to much pressure from the ground which will result into ankle injuries.
- Don’t wear sneakers when they are wet or when your foot is wet or when your socks are wet. These shoes have a textile lining which will keep this water for long, so wearing such sneakers will expose your foot to fungal infections, and your feet will smell badly.
WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?
Feel free to ask a question or leave your comments and thoughts below…