16 CLASSY UPDOS FOR MEDIUM HAIR
Many women prefer going for long hairstyles, however for me I just love keeping my hair out of my face and that’s why I prefer updos because they can be extremely quick and are easier to create than other long hairstyles.
Certain easy updos can be done within 5 minutes and surprisingly, they can make you more confident and even feel more relaxed.
Updos for medium hair
The lady featured in the picture above has a nice updo which makes her to really look beautiful and elegant because it matches her oval face shape and skin tone but also those of you who wish to have such a hairstyle try it because it can work for any face shape and it even works best for you in case you’re going for important ceremony.
1. Updos for medium hair with bangs
These updo hairstyles can match almost every face shape like we have different face shapes which include oval, square, and oval shaped faces but still you have to know that particular hairstyle that matches the face shape you have and you skin tone.
HOW TO STYLE
This updo hairstyle can really be fun to you due its contrasting smooth and edgy textures. The spread out curly ponytail makes this hairstyle to look more youthful and elegant whereas the side swept bang also adds more beauty to your looks and this makes it suitable for ceremonies or even formal dances and one can style this updo using the following steps;
- Thoroughly wash and condition your hair; after washing it you should comb/brush your hair in order to get rid of any knots and then straighten any kinks you may have in your hair using a wide toothed comb.
- Hold your bangs vertically and then put your flatiron at the roots of your hair, pull slightly then twist your flatiron towards your head and pull in order to get that side swept bang/fringe.
- Pull all the hair on the side of your face towards the back of your head. Afterit backwards, get a clip and thenClip your hair to the back of your head.
- Gather your hair into a ponytail behind your ears; gather all the hair to foam that classy spread out curly ponytail and you can also use a curling iron to create these curls but in you don’t want to apply heat your hair then can use a gel or mousse that creates curls.
- Apply a hairspray over your updo; this will make your updo hairstyle to shine and also protect it your natural from heat but you should only purchase good quality hair sprays.
Round face shapes will really look great with this kind updo hairstyle and if you have a round face like the lady featured in the picture above then you should try out this style.
HOW TO CARE?
- Wash and condition your hair; but you should choose that shampoo and conditioner depending on your hair type.
- Always condition your hair after applying shampoo; because this will keep your hair healthy, moisturized, stronger and easier to manage compared to hair that has not been conditioned.
- Dry your hair; you can either air dry or blow dry your hair but you must do this carefully in order to keep your in shape and please remember not to over dry your hair because this will make it hard causing it to break .
- Use satin Pillow cases; always buy and use satin pillow cases because they can prevent hair damage and also keeps your hair tangle free meaning that they can prevent frizziness.
2. Updos for medium hair with colour
3. Beautiful updos for medium hair
HOW TO STYLE
The lady featured above has black thick hair that really looks great with that little sleek twist making her more beautiful. You can also have this super cute updo hairstyle because it will make you not to look too stuffy. Below are some of the steps you can follow to have this simple updo style;
- Wash your hair; thoroughly wash your hair and then blow dry it but do this gently to keep your hair in good condition.
- Use a wide toothed comb and tease the top crown area of your hair, then push your hair down to the roots and then smooth over gently to create a sleek bump.
- Get the front section of your hair above the ear and it twist up and then backwards, adding hair as you move to the back of the head and twisting your hair as you go. You may also secure those twists with a bobby pin.
- Gather the remaining hair at the back of the head, twist and secure it with a clear colored elastic band or head band.
- Use a strong hold hairspray; spray all over your head to protect and also keep your hair so that you don’t have to worry about your hair when moving throughout the day.
In my opinion, I think all face shapes will look good with this simple soft updo and also those of you with medium to thicker hair will look best with style. If you have straight or curly hair you can also achieve this hairstyle.
HOW TO CARE?
- Always use lukewarm water to wash your hair; lukewarm water will make your hairto relax and never try to use hot water because. Don’t try hot water, as it will damage your hair.
- Use a small amount of shampoo to massage your hair; always remember use shampoo for only once in a while and then add some conditioner to your hair because this allows the conditioner to soak in your hair and scalp.
- Comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb; you should start at the ends of your hair, then to the middle and lastly work on the scalp. This will make your hair to de-tangle.
4. Updos for medium black hair
HOW TO STYLE
Some white women have blonde hair while others are gifted with natural black hair but still some women can bleach their blonde hair to black by applying black hair dye. However, you can style your black hairstyle by following these steps below:
- Start with washing your hair and then blow dry hair it and also flat iron your bangs to the side so they look nice and sleek.
- Apply curls to hair using a medium sized curling iron; make sure you curl your entire head using this curling iron but very and with moderate heat to avoid over heating your hair.
- Take horizontal sections of your back hair and then tease it slightly; you should do this continuously by teasing your hair forward until you reach the bangs and thereafter softly move your smooth hair backwards.
- Gather all your hair to make a ponytail and then twist that hair clockwise and up tucking the hair into the twist and finally secure it using bobby pins.
- Leave a few curls to fall around your face; this will add more beauty to your face and it is also an elegant style one can go for instead of pinning all the bangs backwards.
Oval and round faces will really look great and amazing updo hairstyle. However, it will also compliment all face shapes. Thin to medium thickness hair is best hair texture for making this style.
HOW TO CARE?
- Washing hair; wash your at least 2 – 3 times a week because this will make it look nice and healthy and please try not to wash it every day because this will just damage your hair.
- Condition your hair; when having your daily shower, wash your hair with conditioner only but remember to shampoo and condition your hair once a week and also use a leave-in conditioner to get extra hair moisture. Deep condition your hair for at least once in a month.
- Always use a moisturizer that does not contain petroleum; avoid petroleumjelly, petrolatum or even mineral oils in your hair because these will damage your hair severely.
5. Updos for medium blonde hair
6. Updos for medium hair for wedding hair styles
HOW TO STYLE
The lady featured in the picture above has a very pretty updo hairstyle that would actually be great for a wedding. She has some sweet curls are pinned up onto the top of the head and a simple thick braid that adds beauty and also frames her face. If you have a wedding coming within your schedule, you should try this updo because it will really make look pretty and the following steps can show you how to style it;
- Wash and blow dry your hair; after washing your hair using a good quality shampoo, apply a hair conditioner and then blow dry your hair.
- Use a wide toothed comb to brush your hair;do this gently and carefully in order to de-tangle your hair and to also make it smooth.
- Get a small section of your hair and curl it using barrel curling iron to create that nice curly and wavy texture.
- Grab the front side section of your hair above the ear and twist up into braids and continue twisting that braid as you’re moving to the back of the head, twisting as you go.
- Spray using a flexible hold hairspray; make sure you apply this hair spray in order to protect your hair from any heat and to get that shiny look.
- Add some hair accessories; this can be a headband, flowered clips or ribbon an inch back from your hairline or on the sides to complete the look.
This updo hairstyle really looks great on almost all face shapes like; round, oval,square, and heart shaped faces and all hair thickness’s and textures can try out this angel like style.
HOW TO CARE?
- Always wash your hair; you should wash your hair at least three times a week because if over wash it become over dry and up breaking.
- Air dry your hair; I think air drying is the best option for letting your hair to dry because it really makes your hair manageable.
- Comb using a wide tooth comb or brush. Always avoid using a boar bristle brush because it can easily damage your hair and tear it out.
7. Updos for medium curly hair
HOW TO STYLE
The curly hairstyle featured above looks great on most women but it will be better if you style go for it when you’re going for an occasion like a wedding. Women with oval faces will actually look great with this classy and elegant hairstyle. However, curls require a curling iron to make them but you should use it care so that you do not damage your hair.
Oval faces work best with this kind of hairstyle but still all face shapes can look great with this kind of updo hairstyle.
8. Updos for medium hair for girls
9. Updos for medium hair for oval faces
10. Updos for medium hair for round faces
11. Easy updos for medium hair
12. Updos for smooth medium hair
HOW TO STYLE
This style of an updo can really be done quickly and can even be achieved with thin hair. The blonde color will even help add more beauty and shine to your hair. As you can see that the lady featured above has soft layers and these add texture and a bit of flirty fun to this smooth hairstyle side. Therefore, if you have thin hair then you can also have this simple updo style by doing the following;
- Wash your hair with a shampoo and then condition it as well, but remember to do this at most 3 times a week in order for you to achieve good results.
- Use a flat iron to style your bangs and then move them to the sides and this will really make those bangs to look shiny and sleek.
- Tease the top area of your hair and then make that hair smooth in case you’re opting for this particular hairstyle.
- Gather all of your hair to make a low ponytail at the back ends of your hair, and then secure it with a clear elastic tie or with any other hair accessories like hair clips.
- Comb your backwards; by doing this you will be adding volume to low ponytail then you should also grab and pull out some pieces of your ponytail and this will give you that classy look.
If you have a round face then just try out this updo style because your round faces will really look thinner and stunning with this cute elegant style. Don’t get worried about your hair texture because all hair textures and thicknesses can match this updo hairstyle.
HOW TO CARE?
- Wash your hair using a shampoo; apply the shampoo into your hair, and then scrub the scalp with your fingertips to remove all the dirt but you should be careful not to snarl the ends too much and remember that your hair should not be shampooed daily but at least twice a week if you can. In case you have oily hair, avoid over-scrubbing your scalp because this will cause an overproduction of oil.
- Always Condition your hair; Applying a good hair conditioner will help to keep your hair healthy and will also make it easier to untangle after shampooing. Those of you with dry hair; you will need to use a moisturizing conditioner. However, in case you have oily hair you need to use a basic hair conditioner on your ends only in to help prevent over conditioning.
- Use a wide-toothed comb;always use a wide toothed comb to comb through your hair before you rinse the conditioner out.
- Consult a hair stylist in order for you to cut your hair;you should do this every four to six weeks to remove any split ends from your hair.Straight smooth hair is probably the most prone to split ends but it should be treated gently.
13. Cute updos for medium hair
14. Updos for medium hair for thin hair
15. Updos for medium hair for women over 40