16 EASY SHORT HAIRCUTS FOR THICK HAIR
Short haircuts for thick hair – Get it here!
Many women fancy short haircuts but most of them get scared because of the responsibility which comes with this type of hairstyle, however, going short should not be a big deal, actually, if you choose a hairstyle which suits your face shape well, you will fall in love with these short haircuts and you might even give up on long hair forever. If it is your first time to opt for this style, you have come to the right place because I have featured some of the best haircuts you can choose from. However, those with very long hair, you need cut your hair in a gradual manner, please, don’t go from long to short on instant, this might mess up your hair.
In this post, we shall discuss about styling options for each short haircut and at the same time, we shall discuss tips on how to maintain each hairstyle. Those who have issues with defining their face-shapes, I suggest you ask a professional hairstylist in a near-by saloon, they have enough knowledge about different face shapes and they can even suggest a suitable haircut for you.
1. SIDNEY BY MOTOWN TRESS
African American Short haircuts for thick hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE:
In general, black women have natural thick hair, so it is very easy for them to have a well layered short haircut like the one featured in the image above. To have this particular haircut, follow these instructions:
- Wash and condition your hair before cutting it short, this will make it soft and easy to cut.
- Cut your hair in levels, this means you don’t have to go from long to short immediately.
- Cut the bang / fringe:- This option applies to ladies with bangs, if you look closely at the lady in the photo above, you can notice how she trimmed her bang appropriately, it stops above the eye brows and it flatters her oval face in an amazing way.
- Trim the Edges: Once you cut your hair short, its edges will not be appropriate or neat, so to look beautiful like the lady in the picture above, you need to trim the edges very well, however, to get best results, you need to use a double mirror; this will give you the opportunity of trimming the back section easily.
- Bleach / Add Color: – This option applies to African American women who want to change from black hair to colored hair. However, when choosing hair dye, you need to opt for a color which looks good on you, Women with dark skins, you will look nice with brown / ombre dye. The process of bleaching hair is not so complicated, but make sure that you follow the instructions written on the dye bottle.
Judging from the style of this haircut, it looks good on women with oval, diamond and heart face shapes.
HOW TO MAINTAIN:
- Spray your hair: – After getting this cute short haircut, you need to spray it so that you get a glow & smooth look.
- Apply Dye:– With time, your hair dye will start to fade, so to maintain a cute look, you need to wash out the old dye and apply new dye, if possible, you can even try a new color.
2. CASINO MORE BY ELLEN WILLE
Short haircuts for thick hair With Layers – Get it here!
3. FELICITY BY:
Short haircuts for thick hair for Round Faces – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE:
Nothing adds beauty to a square / oval face shape like this asymmetrical haircut, it is not too short as the one I featured in position 1, which makes it a cool option for ladies with thick short hair. Follow steps below to style it:
- Prepare your hair: – I know this is a basic process, but most of you will ignore it, please, before styling your hair, make sure it is well conditioned and clean, however, to maintain the thick volume, you need to avoid hair shampoo / conditioner with sulfate chemical, because this chemical is too strong, it can clean your hair properly but it will leave it dry without any oils.
- Use Mousse / Root Boosting Hair Product: – To maintain the thick volume, you need to apply the best root boosting hair product, for example you can try ”TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Root Boost Spray, 8.1 Ounce”, it creates big beautiful hair from the roots and it will also give your short haircut a smooth texture.
- Brush your Hair:- To get a perfect look like the lady in the photo above, you need to use a bristle round brush or a wide toothed brush, comb your hair in different directions so that it drapes down in an amazing manner. If you have a bang, you also need to brush it well so that it integrates with the rest of the hair.
- Use a Flat Iron: – To get a perfect look, you need to use a flat iron to smooth out your hair.
- Use Shine hair spray: – To get a glow / smooth look, you need to use a shine polish / hair spray , this will keep your hair moist and soft.
This is a flattering haircut which looks good on women with square / oval and heart face shapes.
HOW TO MAINTAIN:
- Trim your hair:- Since short hair grows on a daily basis, you need to trim it in a regular basis, at least you can do this once a week.
4. LACE FRONT IS READY-TO-WEAR
Short haircuts for thick hair for Square Face – Get it here!
5. REESE GRADIENT BY NORIKO
Easy Short haircuts for thick hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE:
Women with super thick hair can try out this volumized easy short haircut, it looks more like a chic medium hairstyle, so ladies who don’t like very short hair, you can opt for this style, because it can be very easy to grow it long when your tired of short hair. Follow steps below on how to style it.
- Cut hair up to the chic level: – This hairstyle looks more like a short bob haircut, however, you need to cut it so that it stops at the chic / jaw level, this will spice up your face in trendy way.
- Use a flat iron:- It is not a must, but if you want quick results, you need to straighten your hair with a flat iron. However, you have to be very careful when using heat tools, because too much heat can damage your hair. So, make sure that you apply a heat protect-ant before ironing, this will create a shield against heat.
- Style the Bang:- If you have a similar face shape like the lady featured in the image above, you need to side sweep the bang so that your forehead gets enough exposure, treat and style the bang just like the rest of the hair. When you side sweep the bang, you will get a new diagonal face shape which will make you look unique and beautiful.
- Spray your hair :- As you can see, the lady in our featured image above, has a huge volume of hair, this type of hair can only look attractive when its moist and soft, I’m sure you will not stand it when it gets dry because it will look messy, so to save your self from this mess, use a good hair spray, for example, you can try ” Tresemme Tres Two Extra Hold Hair Spray, 11 Ounce” , this type of spray provide you with 24 hour humidity resistance plus a maximum hold and it is never sticky or stiff, so you will feel comfortable.
Short bob haircuts look better on women with round faces; however, also ladies with oval face shapes can try out this style.
HOW TO MAINTAIN:
– Comb your hair straight :- To keep your hair neat , you need to brush it straight, you can do this twice a day, in most cases, women move with hair brushes and small mirrors in their bags, so this should not trouble you. However, before brushing, make sure you sprinkle some little water over the hair, this will make it soft and easy to brush.
10. DISC BY ELLEN WILLE
Short haircuts for thick hair With a Bang – Get it here!
11. TEMPO 100 DELUXE BY ELLEN WILLE
Short haircuts for thick hair for Oval Face – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE:
A side swept fringe / bang can change your face shape in minutes, so ladies who want to change their looks, this short hairstyle will be the best option for you. Generally, I love blonde hairstyles because of their simplicity. If you like this haircut, you can use tips below to style it.
- Cut your hair:- If you have long / shoulder length hair, you need cut it to a moderate short level, however, the length of your bob will be determined by the shape of your face. In this case, the lady featured in the picture above, has a square face shape, so her bob has to stop below the jaws / chic but it has to be above the shoulder. To cut long hair into a bob, you need to measure and mark areas to be cut, this will give you an accurate haircut, however, you might need help to cut hair at the back.
- Brush through your hair :- If your hair is straight, you might need to make it neat and straight again, in this case, you don’t need to use a flat iron, simply comb through the hair with a wide toothed brush, however, wet your hair a little bit with water / hair spray so that it gets soft and smooth. On other hand, women with curly hair, you need to use a flat iron to get a straight short haircut like the one in the picture above, please, don’t forget to use a heat protect-ant.
- Style the Bang / Fringe: – I should have skipped this option because it looks obvious, but I will be fair to everyone reading this article. Style the bang basing on your face shape, if you have a round face, you might consider a front bang, however, those with square face shapes, you can opt for a side swept bang just like the lady in the photo above.
- Now apply smooth cream :- For your new bob haircut to look smooth and beautiful, you need to apply a smooth texture cream, for example, you can try ”American Crew Fiber Pliable Molding Cream Hair Styling Creams (85g/3 Oz)”
Women with oval, diamond, square face shapes, you will look fabulous with this style of haircut, however, also ladies with round faces can give try this haircut but you need to opt for a front bang.
HOW TO MAINTAIN:
- Trim :- After cutting that long hair into a bob haircut, their is no guarantee that your hair will remain short all the time, this means you need to trim it once in a while so that it remains in the same shape. On the other hand, whenever, you brush through this type of hairstyle, you will notice split ends, trim them off with a pair of scissors so that your hair remains neat and straight.
- Use a hair spray:- Choose the best hairspray because your hair need to be moist and smooth all the time.
12. BO MONO BY ELLEN WILLE
Curly Short haircuts for thick hair – Get it here!
13. TALIA MONO BY ELLEN WILLE
Colored Short haircuts for thick hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE:
Here comes another version of super short bob haircut, it is completely different from the one featured in our previous post, it has sharp edges and the red color makes it stand out loudly, if you want to stand out from the crowd, try this red super short bob haircut. Use steps outlined below to get this hairstyle.
- Do the basics:- Before styling your hair, you need to do the basics and these include conditioning and washing your hair so that it gets ready for a new hairstyle.
- Dye your hair: – If you prefer the red hair dye like the lady in the picture above, you need to follow instructions on the dye bottle, time is a very crucial thing when it comes to bleaching hair, however, if your not sure if red hair looks good on you, test with temporary red bleach because you can easily wash it out.
- Apply Gel / Serum: – To get a smooth and volumized look, you need to apply gel / serum, this will give you a thick hairstyle just like the lady in our featured photo above.
- Try a messy hairstyle: – If you don’t want the sharp short bob in image 1, you can opt for the messy style just like the one in image 2, this will give you a casual look.
It is a simple haircut which looks cool on ladies with square face shapes because it stops just around the jaws.
HOW TO MAINTAIN:
- Brush through the hair: – To stay neat and attractive all the time, you need to brush through your hair so that it stays straight and neat, use a wide toothed comb because it inserts less pressure on your strands. On the other hand, you can use a flat iron to perfect the looks, but set the heat tool to a moderate temperature and use a heat protect-ant before using that flat iron.
- Keep it moist: – Your hair needs enough moisture to grow thick, during hot days; you will loose most of this natural moisture produced by the scalp. The best option is to spray your hair on a regular basis.
- Trim split ends: – In most cases when you brush your hair straight, split ends will pop-up, so you need to trim off those split ends so that you get a smooth look.
ENJOY THE REST OF THE GALLERY FOR SHORT HAIRCUTS BELOW:
14. REFINED BY GABOR
Refined Short haircuts for thick hair – Get it here!
15. DATE BY ELLEN WILLE
Wavy Short haircuts for thick hair – Get it here!
16. SHADOW SHADE GLAZED STRAWBERRY
Short thick hair haircuts for Women Above 40 – Get it here!
17. SALON COOL BY RAQUEL WELCH
Short thick haircuts for Black Women – Get it here!
18. IGNITE BY JON RENAU
Blonde Short haircuts for thick hair – Get it here!
19. SMOOTH IGNITE BY JON RENAU
Brown Short haircuts for thick hair – Get it here!
Hope you have got the best haircut for your face shape, give me your opinion using the comment box below.