15 ELEGANT HAIRSTYLES FOR THICK HAIR
Having thick hair is every woman’s dream but however some women prefer reducing their thick hair because they think they have more than they can bear but also some women have thin hair by nature.
Various factors like ageing, environment, and stress level can cause your thick hair to fall out. If you have thick hair just know that it is very strong because it structurally contains all the three hair layers – the cortex, cuticle and medulla and this makes it to take longer to dry than other hair textures, and can also be resistant to various chemical treatments.
Hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
Thick hair can tolerate heat well and resist breakage better than fine or medium hair and there even many different ways you can style thick hair because it holds styles like you can see the woman featured above has a thick pony tail hairstyle which really matches her face shape making her look very pretty.
However, if you have thick hair you can consult any hairstylist in order for you to know what hairstyle can match your face type and skin color.
1. Simply Straight Pony by Hairdo
Blonde hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Thick hair can look very good in case you style it in a way that matches your face type, like the woman feature red in the picture above looks gorgeous because that pony tail hairstyle really matches her square shaped face and in case you also wish to have this particular hairstyle then can style it by following these steps below;
- Always wash your hair using the right hair products; using the right products is very important because it will keep your thick hair healthy and this means that it will be easier to manipulate and style your hair in a variety of ways.
- Brush out your hair with using a mixed bristle paddle brush or wide toothed brush because this will help to bring out it texture and beauty very well.
- Flat iron your hair; if you that it’s necessary flat iron your hair, then you should do so but using medium heat.
- Gather your hair in a horizontal section on top of the head, at least 2 inches from the front hairline and then use a teasing brush to tease your hair from the scalp but use unteased hair from your hairline and smooth it over the teased hair.
- Gather the sides and top of your hair tightly and gently pull it into a ponytail in the middle back of the head and then tie it with a small head band but leave the ends of your hair to fall down on your back.
- Apply a firm hold hairspray; you can then apply a firm and shinning hair spray to keep your strong and also looking good.
If you have an oval face like lady featured above then this hairstyle probably works for you, but also those of you with a pear or square face you can opt for this style because it will really look pretty on you.
HOW TO CARE?
Avoid washing your hair every day; at least wash your hair 2 to 3 times a week because our scalps produce natural oils that coat our hair and protect it from outside damage and if you wash your hair every day then these oils will also be washed away making your hair to become weaker and dry over time.
- Try not to use chemical based hair shampoo and conditioner; you should use organic hair products or products made from natural oils like ‘Natures Gate Herbal Daily Cleansing Shampoo – 32 oz’ which is a Herbal Shampoo that gently cleanses your hair and contains a perfect blend of herbs and botanicals
- You should treat your hair gently to decrease hair loss; always remember to use a wide-toothed comb instead of a brush, and please work out the tangles with care, rather than just pulling them through your hair.
- Try not to use heat styling tools; but you should use blow dryers, straight irons, and curling irons sparingly. Overusing heated hair appliances causes your hair to become dry and brittle, making it fall out much more easily.
2. H-6615 Lily by Motown Tress
African American hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
3. LFHH- Daisy by Motown Tress
Round face hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Most African women naturally lack thick hair and have thin hair but still you can make it thick by having a good diet and also using the right hair products. However, the lady featured above has a round face that really matches her thick hairstyle and if you have that same face type and you wish to this hairstyle then you should check out the following steps below;
- Washing you’re your; this should be the first thing you do before applying anything else to your hair but you should do it at least three times a week.
- Blow your hair dry; after blowing your hair use a round brush to comb it, and do this gently in order to keep your hair in shape. Never use a comb to brush your hair because it will severely damage your hair.
- Use a good hold hairspray and shining spray; this will help to maintain your hair and also give you shattered look with staying power.
Round faces really look great with this type of hairstyle because it flatters that round face very well. However, if you have an oval or square face, you can also try out this straight hairstyle.
HOW TO CARE?
- Use lukewarm water to wash your hair; washing your with lukewarm water will make to relax and please, never try hot water because it will severely damage your hair.
- Use shampoo only once in a while; and always apply a small amount of shampoo to your hand palms and then massage it on your hair gently and you may also add some hair conditioner because it will help make your hair soft and manageable.
- Combing your hair with a wide toothed comb; you should try not to use a boar bristle brush because it may damage your hair and tear it out.
4. Loose Waves Clip-In Extension by Hairdo
Hairstyles for thick hair with color – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Some women are gifted with natural thick hair but this does not mean that it will contain color too. However, if you wish you can add color highlights to your hair by dying either all your hair or some parts of like the lady featured above has some little red and purple color highlights in her hair which matches her skin tone and also has a front bang which makes her to really look trendy. However, for you to have this kind of trendy hairstyle you need to follow the steps I am giving you below;
- Wash your hair with cold water and then apply a shampoo and a hair conditioner later but make sure you use hair products that are of good quality.
- Bleach your hair; because these colors only show up on pre-lightened/bleached hair and this means that if you put a pastel color on dark or medium blonde hair it will barely tint the color to be even seen.
- Apply any color of your choice to your hair; but after applying this color, you must maintain it because these colors fade quickly but to keep your new hair color for long, you will probably need to apply color weekly.
Any face shape can look good with a thick hairstyle with color but you must know which color matches skin tone like the lady featured above has a round face and a nice skin color which makes her to look trendy some color highlights in her hair.
HOW TO CARE?
- Use a color gloss or a color-enhanced conditioner to refresh your shade and you should do this by making salon visits.
- Using a L’Oreal Paris EverSleek Sulfate-Free Smoothing System Reparative Smoothing Shampoo, 8.5 Fluid Ounce with cold water because styling temperatures are a must with bright colors.
- Consult your stylist to recommend a deep conditioning treatment that you can use at home to keep your hair color shiny and bright
5. Heat Defiant Clip in Volumizer by easihair
Beautiful hairstyles for long thick hair – Get it here!
6. 18″ Beach Curl Pony by Hairdo
Wavy hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
7. Heat Defiant Clip In Volumizer by easihair
Cute hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
8. Human Hair Bang by Raquel Welch
Hairstyles for thick hair and oval faces – Get it here!
9. NRC 001HM by Louis Ferre
Smooth hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
10. Human Hair Clip In Bangs by easihair
Hairstyles for thick hair with bangs – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
If you have thick hair, you can go for a front bang paired with a cute short haircut. These blunt front bangs will draw very much attention to your eyes and will make your face the main attraction. However, there are many different types of bangs like the side swept bangs and many other but bangs are also known as ‘fringe’ to some people. The lady featured in the picture has a thick front bang which matches her oval face and skin tone making her to really look trendy and if you really want to have it you can follow the steps below;
- Wash your hair; before making that hairstyle you want you should make sure that you wash your hair thoroughly with a good quality shampoo and then apply a hair conditioner as well.
- Blow dry hair; you must do this using a medium round brush to comb your hair because this will help to keep your hair smooth and in shape.
- Use a flat iron; after you have dried your hair, get a flat iron and use it over each section to make your smooth but you should use it carefully so that you damage your hair by overheating it.
- Create bangs; Use a texture cream or wax to curve out these front bangs and this will change your appearance instantly like the lady your seeing in the picture above.
This style will work for you if you have an oval or long narrow face and also if you have bigger fore forehead just that the front bang is the best option for you.
HOW TO CARE?
- Avoid washing your hair every day; this will make will your hair oily, so maybe you should wash your hair for at least once every 2 or 3 days in order for you to get good results.
- Try not to blow your hair. You should let hair to dry naturally because blow drying thick hair makes it poof up and to appear even thicker and remember not to sleep on wet hair.
- Use a big wet comb to brush your hair; when your hair is dry, use a wide toothed comb while brushing it in the early morning or at night and please remember not to use a regular hairbrush because it may damage it.
- Add some layers or get bangs; applying bangs to your hair will help take the weight off your hair but if you don’t like then you should go for layers which can also give you that nice look. However, you can wait until you’re older then have bangs because they will make you look younger.
11. Misha by Rene of Paris
Brown hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
12. Casual Curl by Sherri Shepherd NOW
Curly hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Curly hair can be good for those of you who like stylish hairstyles. However, for you to have curly hair you will need to add in some effort by either consulting a hairstylist or purchasing curling iron which will help make those curls out your hair. The lady featured above has thick curly hair which matches her oval face and also bring out that elegant look that working classy women prefer to have and the steps below show you to style this curly hairstyle;
- Use a shampoo and conditioner pair made to wash curly hair; this will to help reduce frizz and also add shine to your hair.
- Don’t brush you hair if you want tamer curly hair; when you brush naturally curly hair, the brush will split apart those curls and turn them into individual hair strands. If you take a shower remember to let your hair air dry without brushing it because this will help your curls to stay compact and less frizzy.
- Use a curling iron to fix up a few curls in case you have natural curly hair; when you that there’s one curl that isn’t following directions, just use your curling iron and fix it. But, you should remember that heat is very damaging to curly hair and it is advisable for you to always use a heat protectant.
- Use a gel or mousse if you want more defined curls; after you have washed hair it is damp, apply a dab of gel or mousse in the palm of your hand and then scrunch the ends of your hair and slowly moving up while applying this gel mousse. Never buy a gel or mousse that dries hard and crunchy because this will make your hair look fake and gross and also makes flakes in the hair.
- Apply Layers in order to bring the curls out in your hair; you must make sure that the layering doesn’t have to be so intense and you should that the longer the hair is, the more layers you should add.
This hairstyle works for you in case you have an oval and square face because it flatters and matches your face very well. However, this style will make wonders for those with thick and thin hair.
HOW TO CARE?
- Avoid using heat Styling Tools; like flat irons and curling irons because they will only damage and turn your hair into a dry, brittle, unhealthy mess since you are basically frying your hair when using them.
- Avoid washing your hair every day; some you thick that it’s a good practice to wash your daily but you’re actually stripping it of its natural oils resulting in it being dry and frizzy. You should wash it at least three times week but not daily.
- Use the right Shampoo and Conditioner; you may think that it does not matter a lot about the type of shampoo and conditioners you use but it actually does because the type of shampoo and conditioner you use has a big impact on your hair.
- Always deep condition your hair at least once a week; this will help to keep your hydrated and this will make you feel good and relaxed.
13. Vivienne by Revlon
Straight hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
14. Mega Mono by Ellen Wille
Easy hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
15. Casino More by Ellen Wille
Hairstyles for thick hair with layers –Get it here!