15 SHORT HAIR STYLES FOR CURLY HAIR
You may wonder why some women have natural curly hair and others just use hair product to get curly hair but the answer to this is very simple, natural curly hair grows out of curved hair follicles that have a much flattened oval cross section and the degree of curliness can be determined by the amount of di-sulfide bonds between the hair proteins.
However, if you have this kind of hair just know that it can become dry, it’s hard to manage, and often frizzy but still it also has its advantages like split ends are less common with curly hair.
Short hair styles for curly hair – Get it here!
The lady featured above has short curly hair which flatters her oval shaped face making her very beautiful and I think you should also try out this style because it will make you very comfortable and its manageable since it does not fall off all over your face and back, but remember to always use the right hair products in order to get good results.
1. Melanie by Jon Renau
Beautiful hair styles for curly hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
You can see that this lady has simple but very beautiful curls all over her head and you should also know that having short hair is really fun and freeing, but you will also use less hair products to maintain your short curly hair compared to long curly hair.
This style will probably match your oval face shape and that light skin tone in case you’re that type person. If you want to know how to style this particular curly hairstyle then follow the steps below;
- Use a good quality shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair; you should wash it thoroughly but carefully so that you don’t damage your curls and at least wash hair 2 to3 times a week but not daily because it becomes very dry and finally breaks up.
- Blow dry hair using a larger round brush; this type of brush will help to detangle your hair very well and after brushing your hair, apply some styling products to your dried hair which help during the curling process.
- Use a tiny curling iron to create little curls all over your head; the curling iron will create many good looking curls in your hair which will make you look very beautiful and elegant.
- Pass your fingers through the curls gently; this will help to separate and break curls up and you will notice that this will actually add more fullness and beauty those curls.
- Use firm hold hairspray; spray it all over your hair in order to achieve firm good looking and shiny curly hairstyle.
This short curly hairstyle probably works for every face type and shape. However, if you have an oval shaped face like this lady then just know that you will really look gorgeous with this curly hairstyle. Any natural hair texture will accommodate this curly hairstyle ranging from thin/fine hair to thick hair.
HOW TO CARE?
- Avoid washing your hair every day; most women think that it’s good to wash hair daily but by doing this you’re actually stripping hair off its natural oils and hence making it dry and frizzy. Your curly hair requires a lot of moisture than straight hair so this means that it’s quite bad for it to be washed daily because it will become very dry.
- Use the right Shampoo and Conditioner; the type of shampoo and conditioner you have to use on your hair has a very big impact on it because everyone’s hair has different needs but make sure you use these hair products sparingly so that your hair feels silky and smooth in order to achieve better results.
- Detangle your hair a wide toothed comb; you should avoid brushing your hair when it’s dry because it will just damage it. Do not use a normal brush or comb because this will cause breakage to your hair and you may also use a detangling spray to remove any knots.
2. Lily by Jon Renau
Short hair styles for simple curly hair – Get it here!
3. Full-On Curls by Sherri Shepherd NOW
Short hair styles for curly hair for african american – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Some black women have natural curly hair and this makes it very easy for them to style and maintain it and also the black color in the curly hair is usually natural in all black women making them to really look classy and beautiful because black hair is unique. However, this lady added in some little brown color spots in her hair which probably matched her skin tone; she also has a square shaped face that really matches that messy curly hairstyle. The following steps will show you how to style this curly hairstyle;
- Wash your hair with cool/warm water; you should allow the water to run through your curls until they are completely wet.
- Apply a shampoo and conditioner; you must do this starting with the ends of your hair and then work your way to the scalp and scrunch the conditioner in but don’t rub it in, do this carefully so that you don’t damage your scalp.
- Use a blow dryer to dry your hair; make sure you acquire one with diffuser because it will help you to gently dry those curls.
- Apply curls to the top layer; you can do this by wrapping a few curls here and there individually into spirals before drying your hair. Use a curling iron to apply curls to the remaining hair layers but use moderate heat so that you don’t damage you’re your hair.
- Use a hair holding spray; lastly, you can use a spray on your hair to keep it shiny and firm but remember to use a spray that is specifically made for curly hair.
All face shape like Oval, round, square and long can accommodate this kind of short messy curly hairstyle but still you can see that the lady featured above has a square face which greatly matches her curly hairstyle. However, women have hair textures ranging from Fine to thick density with lots of natural texture but still this curly hairstyle will work on all these hair textures.
HOW TO CARE?
- Avoid wash your hair every day; you should only be washing your hair 2-4 times a week. You can also condition your hair between these washes if you like. Washing your hair daily will remove natural hair oils making your hair dry and frizzy yet curly hair require more moisture than any other hair type.
- Try not to use a towel when drying your Hair; scrubbing your hair strands with the towel will cause friction which will also increase the amount of frizz in your hair when its dries. Before the shower, gently wring your hair to get some of the water out of it because this will prevent your hair from being dripping wet.
- Use a blow dryer to dry hair; using a hairdryer on curly hair is a girls worst nightmare, because it will severely damage your hair. If you’re in a hurry, use a diffuser (blow-dryer attachment) by pointing this diffuser in the direction of the curl, hold the curls in your hand and gently squeeze them while drying. I also advise you not to use a hair blower in your hair too often but if you do so remember to use a heat protectant.
5. Precedence by Gabor
Short cute hair styles for curly hair – Get it here!
6. Bailey by Henry Margu
Short hair styles for curly hair for round faces – Get it here!
7. Mariah by Noriko
Short hair styles for fine curly hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Fine hair can be very good to have because it is not thick which makes it easy to maintain. However, most you prefer having thick hair and if you are amongst these people then just change your diet, apply good hair products to your and trust me you will achieve want wish to have. Thin hair is very easy to style compared to thick and it also consumes little hair products compared to thick hair, thin hair is also more comfortable to have because it doesn’t produce too much heat to your scalp like thick hair. You can also follow the steps below to have this particular hairstyle in case you have thin hair;
- Clean your hair; before you start anything, make sure you first wash your hair thoroughly using a good quality shampoo followed a hair conditioner. Remember to wash your hair at least 3 times a week but not daily.
- Blow dry you hair; using a diffuser attached on your blow dryer, blow your hair dry but make sure that you don’t over dry it because it will end up breaking .
- Use a small curling iron; use this curler to apply curls in your hair but first make random sections of hair in the crown area apply curls to all these sections.
- Apply a firm hold gel or spray; applying this hold gel or spraying your hair with a hold spray will help to set and hold curls all day. The spray will further make your to look shinny and more vibrant.
This style will suit you in case you have a square, oval and heart-shaped face. Remember that this style also works best on thin and thick hair.
HOW TO CARE?
- Wash your hair carefully; please try not to wash your hair every day because these daily baths and showers will strip your hair of its natural oils. After washing your hair apply a shampoo then followed by a conditioner, massage your scalp thoroughly.
- Dry your hair carefully using a blow dryer; because it can be more benefiting than air-drying if you use it correctly. When blow drying your hair, set your dryer to a cool setting and hold distance away to protect your hair from any heat. If you hold the blow dryer too close, the water in your hair can begin to boil. This is why hair dryers are known to be bad, but if you use it correctly it is very good. If you can, avoid drying your hair with heat as much as you can; it will only age your hair.
- Use heat protection spray; use this spray when your blow drying hair. Remember to use a protection spray in case you’re using hot rollers or a flat iron.
- Try not to brush your hair while it’s wet; you should know that wet hair is stretches easily and also has a tendency of breaking. Don’t brush your hair too much because this will only cause breakage to your hair.
- Do some special treatment on your hair; like applying a deep conditioning treatments, applying a good quality hair mask or hair cream, spraying your hair with a leave in conditioner or detangler after showering and also using a leave-in conditioner for at least once in week.
8. Soft Curls by Sherri Shepherd NOW
Short hair styles for soft curly hair – Get it here!
9. Carolyn by Estetica
Short hair styles for curly hair for girls
4. Nadia by Estetica
Short hair styles for blonde curly hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Few white women and girls are naturally gifted with blonde hair, however, if you don’t have this hair color you can either bleach your hair blonde or even acquire blonde wig in case you don’t wish to bleach your hair. If you have blonde hair then just know that you can always use a curling iron to make those curls but still you have many other options of making your hair curly like using curly gel or mousse. Styling your blonde hair will be made easier in case you follow these steps below;
- Wash your hair with cold water; always use cold water because it helps to make your hair shine, locks in moisture, and also reduces frizz.
- Use a blow dryer; dry hair using a good blow dryer and then get a wide toothed round brush and use it to comb your hair gently to detangle your curls.
- Use a small barrel curling iron to curl vertical sections of hair and to also create soft curly spirals all over your hair. Be extra careful when using this curling because it can easily damage your hair in case you apply higher temperatures to it during the curling process.
- Leave your curls in one place and allow them to cool before loosening them because they will bring out what you really like in case you leave them to cool.
- Use a spray; spraying your hair all over with a flexible styling spray will help to make it shinny and also protects it from heat.
This short blonde curly hairstyle work best for you in case you have an oval and round face shapes. It will also work very on fine to medium hair textures.
HOW TO CARE?
- Always use cold water to wash your hair; Cold water has many advantages to offer over your hair these include; making your hair shinier, locks in hair moisture, and reduces frizz.
- Use a good quality shampoo and hair conditioner; always try not to shampoo your hair every day, but do condition every time you are in the shower. When purchasing your hair products, always choose a shampoo and conditioner that leaves your hair feeling good and relaxed.
- Try air drying or blow drying your hair; after having your shower, try drying your hair using these two methods to figure out what actually works for you. Blow drying hair completely can cause frizzies, but if you use a diffuser attachment then you can prevent this. You may also tryout to air dry on the weekends or at night in case you have enough time to wait for your hair to dry.
- Detoxify your hair; you should do this for at least once a month in order to clean your hair because it’s one of the most absorbent and dirtiest parts of your body using a detoxifier really helps to remove all this dirt from you hair.
10. Teresa by Henry Margu
Short hair styles for curly brown hair – Get it here!
11. Tango by Raquel Welch
Short hair styles for curly hair women over 40 – Get it here!
12. Flirt Petite by Gabor
Short hair styles for curly hair for square faces – Get it here!
13. Pam by Jon Renau
Short hair styles for smooth curly hair – Get it here!
14. Pinnacle by Gabor
Short hair styles for curly hair for oval faces – Get it here!
15. M. Nicole by Wig Pro
Short hair styles for curly hair women over 50 – Get it here!