15 SIMPLE SHORT HAIR CUTS FOR WOMEN
Women always prefer having long hair because they think that it is better than short hair.
Your hairstyle will communicate who you are at any moment in time and will also bring out a lot more about your character hence this means a short haircut can let you express yourself without saying a word.
However, there are many different types and ways you can describe a short haircut like a short bob, pixie haircut and many other types whereas there also many different short hair lengths which include ear, chin, neck and shoulder lengths. You can also notice that the lady featured in picture above has a blonde curly short haircut that really matches her oval face shape.
Short hair can also be very easy to work with and to maintain but it is also very comfortable compared to long hair since it minimizes heat.
Short haircuts for women – Get it here!
1. Charlie by Jon Renau
Short haircuts for women with oval faces – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Having this style of short haircut is really fun because it’s full of texture. However, the layers on the sides and the top will get longer towards the face making that side swept bang, giving you a lovely feminine look. If you wish to have this particular haircut then you can follow these steps below;
- Clean your hair; wash your hair with a good shampoo and conditioner before styling your but should make sure that you don’t wash it daily but at least 3 to 4 times week if you wish to achieve good results.
- Put the styling product into damp hair; damp hair always contains moisture and this means that you will have to apply styling product at this stage because these products work well with moist hair.
- Blow dry your hair; you should try to blow dry your hair while passing your fingers through because this helps dry your hair evenly and using fingers will also avoid causing damage to your scalp.
- Use a flat iron; to define your hair very well, you will need to use a flat iron but make sure you set it to a moderate heat level so that you don’t damage your hair.
- Use a texture product; apply some hair product that is specifically used to add texture to your hair but remember to use small amounts of it because you’re dealing with short hair.
- Style those bangs; to bring out that beautiful look, style some of the remaining front hair into a swept bang using a wide toothed comb but do this carefully so that you don’t damage your hair.
Oval and square shaped faces will be able to show off those beautiful cheekbones with this style. If you have hair that is medium in texture and density then probably you will easily achieve this style compared to people with other hair textures and densities.
HOW TO CARE?
- Avoid washing your hair daily; I don’t mean that you should not wash your hair but am just advising you to at least wash it 3 to 4 times a week. Washing your hair daily will make it too dry hence leading to hair breakages.
- Use a hair styling product; you should try to use styling products like; a gel, serum, mousse or any another product in order to stop frizz and to get the look you want. Don’t use too much of the product on short hair but if you are having long hair, use a lot more of the styling product. Remember not to leave this product in your hair overnight, please rinse it out before going to bed.
- Use a wide toothed comb; replace your brush with wide toothed comb because brushes just damage your hair.
2. Deluxe by Gabor
Short cute hair cuts for women – Get it here!
3. Aspire Petite by Gabor
Short beautiful haircuts for women – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Short curly hair can be very good for you because it’s cut into uniform layers that don’t fall off onto your shoulders. However, you can use different hair products to style short hair like; a curling gel, mousse or even a curling iron but you should make sure that you spray your hair with a heat protector so that the curling iron does not damage your hair. The following steps will guide you on how to make this hairstyle;
- Washing hair should be the first step before doing anything else, but remember not to wash your hair daily. Apply a shampoo and conditioner during this process.
- Use a curling iron; curl different sections of your hair using a curling iron. Make sure you apply these curls all over your hair then set these curls using pin curl clips, remove all the clips from your hair after it has cooled.
- Comb through your hair using fingers so that you can detangle all your curls, but do this carefully so that you do not damage your scalp and hair.
- Apply a styling hairspray; this spray will help you during the process of styling those short curly waves but don’t use too much of this product because your short curly hair.
All face shapes and types will look great with this kind of hairstyle. However, those with square and oval faces will achieve amazing looks if they try out this style. Don’t mind about your hair texture because this style works for all hair textures ranging from thin to thick hair.
HOW TO CARE?
- Wash your hair appropriately; try not to wash your hair every day because daily baths or showers will strip your hair of its natural oils. Wash your hair at least 3 to 4 times a week to achieve good results.
- Dry your hair carefully; use a blow dryer because it’s more benefiting than air-drying if used correctly. When blow drying your hair, hold your blower a distance away to protect your hair from any heat. Dryers are known to be bad if used incorrectly because they make the water in your hair boil but if you use it correctly it can be very good. Avoid drying your hair with heat as much as you can because it will only age your hair.
- Try not to brush your hair when it’s still wet; this is because wet hair can easily stretch making it more vulnerable to breakages. Remember not to brush your hair too much because this will only break it.
4. Pixie Perfect by Gabor
Short haircuts for women with square faces – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
If you’re the kind of woman who likes having short hairstyles and you want to try out something more playful and fun, I think you should go for this pixie hairstyle because it will offer you a great deal of styling convenience if you’re a very busy woman. This haircut can be flattering on oval faces because it draws attention to your eyes; so if you wish to style a pixie haircut then you should follow these steps below;
- Wash your thoroughly; do this using a shampoo and then apply a conditioner to prepare your hair for this style
- Dry your hair using a blow dryer; after the shower, tie a towel around your hair to remove all the dripping water and then use a blow dryer to dry it.
- Push your hair from the back towards the front area of your face to create volume in your hair
- Style your bangs by flicking them to the sides to create a slanted classy style around the face.
- Use a styling and texturing product; if you want to really look great then you will have to some hair products to style and texture your pixie haircut.
Oval shaped faces can really look gorgeous and also shine with this kind of cool pixie haircut. However, all face shapes can really look great with this kind of pixie style. Thick hair will work best if it has minimal to no waves.
HOW TO CARE?
- Shampoo and condition the hair; always use a shampoo and conditioner that best suits your hair and in case your hair gets greasy a lot, you’ll need to shampoo it more often to get it clean. If you have dyed hair then use a shampoo that is made to treat colored hair. Shampoos that gently wash your hair will only control the oil but not get rid of it making them a great choice. When you use the wrong shampoo and conditioner, this may cause your hair to dry out.
- Dry your hair by either air drying it to avoid heat damage or blow drying it but make sure you’re using a heat protection gel, spray, or even a cream. Heat protection can also be used to protect your hair from the sun and humidity
- Know your hair type and texture; you can know this by washing your hair and then wait for about 5 to 10 minutes to see how it will look like. Do this by letting your hair natural after showering by not blow drying it but leaving it to air dry and trust me you will know what your hair type is.
5. Jazz Petite by Jon Renau
Short easy haircuts for women – Get it here!
6. Felicity by Wig Pro
Short simple haircuts for women – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE:
Short haircuts can be very comfortable and also easy to maintain and that’s why for me personally I prefer having these short haircuts because they make you look classy and elegant but still simple. In the photo above you can observe that this lady has brown short feathered hair with some caramel highlights which really bring out her hair texture. The soft front and side bangs also help to bring out that really feminine look. These steps below will show you what needs to be done to have this style;
- Wash your hair; at least do this 2-3 times a week and remember to use a shampoo and conditioner because these products will help to make your hair smooth and soft.
- Blow dry your hair starting from your bangs to the rest of the parts, forward and to the sides.
- Use your styling products to enhance your looks because they can make styling your hair very easy and also protect it from any heat during the whole styling process.
- Apply a shiny and firm holding spray to your hair to make it look good and shiny all day long.
Women with oval and heart shaped faces will get that perfect look if they wear this cute short pixie style. Thin to thick hair textures will accommodate this short cute but naturally straight texture best.
HOW TO CARE?
- Try washing your hair with cold water; make sure you give your hair a final rinse with cool water. This will help to seal the hair cuticles and also locks in moisture, making your hair shinier. Hot water may only be used occasionally to wash hair in case it is very oily or dirty. But still you should make the final rinse with cool temperature water.
- Use a hair conditioner; Pour small amounts of hair conditioner into your hand and rub starting from the tips of your hair to the roots. Those of you who want soft and silky looking hair should leave the conditioner in their hair for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- Dry your hair with a blow dryer; make sure you hold this blow dryer a distance away in order to protect your hair from any heat. If you try holding the blow dryer too close to your hair, the water in it can begin to boil meaning that it will evaporate and finally making your hair dry making it vulnerable to hair breakages.
7. Lexy by Noriko
Short wavy haircuts for women – Get it here!
8. Carly by Estetica
Short haircuts for women with round faces – Get it here!
9. Genny by Envy
Short haircuts with layers for women – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady features a spicy colored short haircut which looks and feels soft and feminine. It also has this feathered texture which makes it look classy and trendy, the hair close to the neck is extremely short and this means that you will feel very comfortable because there is no way one could feel hot with this kind of short hair. You can style her hair like this if you follows these steps below;
- Wash your hair gently; make sure you wash your hair gently so that you don’t damage your hair or scalp. Use a good quality shampoo and conditioner during this process.
- Apply some styling product; this hair is red in color and you all know that there is no natural red hair like this, so this means that you will have to bleach your hair red or use any other color of your choice but to do this you will have to apply bleaching styling products to your hair.
- Use your fingers while you blow dry the hair, pulling the hair on top of the head upwards for volume.
- Use a flat iron; detailing your hair will require you to use a flat iron but make sure you use a moderate heat setting so that you don’t burn your hair.
- Set style using a hair spray; use a styling hair spray because it helps you style and define your hair texture very well. If you can, get a firm holding and shining hairspray also, this will help keep your hair firm and shiny all day long.
In my own opinion, I think all face shapes will look beautiful in this short haircut colored pixie style. Don’t get worried about your hair texture because this style can work with any ranging from thick to thin hair textures. Wider face shapes will appear longer with this style and if you have hair that is medium in texture and density then just know that it will be more controllable and easier to style into this look.
HOW TO CARE?
- Always wash your hair; you should do this often but not every day. If you have short hair just know that you need to wash it at least 3 times a week but not exceeding more than 5 times a week because it will become over-dry. Use a shampoo and conditioner that is suited to anti-frizz or to smooth the texture of your hair.
- Avoid blow drying your hair; you should try air drying if you have time because blow drying will make your short hair stand on the ends and frizz up. You should also avoid straightening short hair because this strains it and may cause it to break.
10. Ivy by Noriko
Short haircuts with bangs for women – Get it here!
11. Serene by Raquel Welch
Short haircuts for african american women – Get it here!
12. Tasha by Envy
Short straight haircuts for women – Get it here!
13. Connie by Wig Pro
Short hair cuts for women over 40 – Get it here!
14. Victoria by Jon Renau
Short blonde haircuts for women – Get it here!
15. Sandie by Noriko
Short fine haircuts for women – Get it here!