15 EASY LONG HAIR UPDOS
To those of you who are with me on up-dos bravo! we rock, you can never go wrong with that vintage look. Retro hairstyles don’t need so many complex steps to pull off that beautiful look, you can achieve the look just by lifting your hair up without too much primping and pulling.
Lets look for example at the lady with a square face shape, do you notice how easy and elegant she looks with an up-do tied up above her head with a band falling side ways to cover part of her forehead, it really completes a great look. Take some time with us here as we take you through some simple , easy to do up-dos.
You know most of the time its not all about looking hot with any given style but the way you design it and the way you maintain it. High buns are becoming more and more popular today yet they have been around for some time now. If you watch most fashion shows you will notice that they have made a great come back because of their elegance and simplicity, they are also quick to style.
I am going to take you through three different styles of high buns that will get you done in just five minutes for those morning rush hours.
- Long hair up-dos for African American
2. Cute Long Hair Updos
3. Long hair updos for cute faces
HOW TO STYLE:
- Sleek Buns. If you want a simple and elegant look, just hold you hair up together and brush it well to get that sleek look. You can plait or just fold the hair into a bun with pins if you have long hair. Brush it well or leave it up a bit just according to the occasion.
- Bun with bangs. If you need to pull off a perfect office look then this is the way to go. The look is somewhat formal and will match well your office attire.
- Messy Buns. Now on that Friday crazy night, you have to pull off that hot crazy look, go messy, just rock it with a super cute outfit, you can even go ahead and add a head band.
For square faces, it’s always a cool look with the hair held up above. Lets look at the style in the picture, you will notice that she held the front up a bit because she has a wide forehead, this emphasises the shape of her face and gives her look a more elegant appearance with the bun that suits her colored hair. I just loved it.
HOW TO CARE:
As experts in hair styles and styling we always look at the material of the bun product we are going to purchase. Synthetic materials are so easy to maintain, all you need to do is to keep it clean and comb it straight whenever you are done using it. One thing you have to keep in mind though is that your scalp should get the same attention that you give to your accessories. If you use the buns more often without oiling your scalp, dandruff might spoil your hair.
HOW TO STYLE:
It doesn’t take a lot to look smart for any occasion and this kind of style can be obtained in no time at all. All you have to do is to pick the best hair style that will match with your texture. You can style it in quite a variety of styles depending on the occasion but also your face shape. For instance Katerina Graham has a long square face so having a top hair up-do will bring out the shape of the jaw line that will clearly show off her cool smile and will leave the guys wanting more. Let me take you through some of the steps that will guide you in pulling off such a look.
- Hold your hair to one side and use a fine brush to brush the hair straight before you twist it from left to right. Use a pin to hold the hair in place so that the hair is pulled to one side, for long thick heavy hair you have to use multiple pins to keep the hair up together. It looks even more attractive with multiple cris crosses that cross vertically up the back of the head for a proper hold.
- First things first, so apply hair spray before you start clipping your hair and plaiting it. Spray the hair lightly all over to get a fine touch then place your hand underneath the hair and brush it well. You have to make sure that you brush it well to the side so that it keeps in position and stays intact when pinned.
- Twist the hair up and give it a light grip for easy rolling. If you are sweeping it from left to right, after an interval roll it in the opposite direction and tuck the ends into a tunnel created by the twist. You can leave them loose for a more casual and sexy look.
- You can now insert the pins to hold the hair in place. Insert the top of the pin into the twist and pin it up into the hair along the scalp. The pins have to be hidden underneath the hair for a perfect look.
I always make fun with my stylist friends that I was born lucky because of my long oval face shape! Because as a stylist I know that an oval face can look great with almost most of the styles. Now let’s consider the long curly styles just like the lady in the picture. Holding an up-do for her long hair gives an easy feel of comfort yet shows off the fresh looking hair at the same time. I love the way it’s portraying the shape of her cheek bones to bring out the best of her smile.
HOW TO CARE:
Caring for long hair may be real tiresome but with the techniques I am going to take you through, it’s going to be real easy to pull of the best looks quickly.
Make sure you have your shampoo and conditioner at hand, these are the most important accessories to consider in order to keep hair looking great.
Keep regular trips to visit your hair stylist for hair trims to reduce over growth and levelling it.
Then lastly make sure you keep a healthy hair routine by washing and reconditioning your hair to keep it fresh and soft and looking healthy too.
HOW TO STYLE:
I love the way style is making our lives simple you know! We no longer have to do a lot to look fantastic as long as you know the right style for you. As a stylist I always recommend up-dos like French braiding, some fishtail braid also looks nice.
I have attended most weddings where the bridesmaids always have up-dos and I must say some of them really pull it off well, though some of them really disappoint. But it takes just a few basic guidelines for one to come up with a cool updo for there long hair and I am going to take you through a pencil trick that will get you done in just a flash.
- You will need a long pencil. It’s funny how you can use just about anything to hold up your hair. Use this pencil to to hold up your hair by lifting your hand and hold you pencil with the sharp end facing down. Then slide it as you hold the ponytail up and put it at the bottom to give the ponytail a base.
- Then you can change your grip with your right hand as though you are grabbing both sides with the pencil, rolling the hair round and round until you reach the end of your hair.
- Turn the pencil. You can now turn the pencil anticlockwise just to get a tight grip of the ponytail and then use pins to pin the roll up firmly for a look like the one you see in the picture.
For all the ladies with beautiful heart shaped faces, they say it’s hard to get a style that will pull off the looks but I am here to tell you that it’s so easy. The heart shape face is defined as narrow on the chin and wide on the forehead, so you have to drive the attention away from your chin with the side swept bang. Consider a sharp cut which will bring out your best look.
HOW TO CARE:
Up-dos are quite simple to care for, all you need to do is to keep it clean and comb it whenever you are done using it. One thing you have to keep in mind though is that your scalp should get the same attention that you give to your accessories. If you do up-dos more often without oiling your hair, you may find flakes and dryness plus irritation on your scalp, so you have to keep it in mind.
HOW TO STYLE:
Now this is for those ladies with long thin hair. Apart from those of us with thick hair which needs to be reconditioned in order to be plaited easily, thin hair will look fantastic with just a simple touch. Lets go through some of the simple ways on how to come up with such an updo.
- Hold up your hair into a ponytail and give it a thorough brushing to untangle the lumps in the hair. I like to use my fingers to separate my hair or a soft comb because my hair is a thick type.
- Now hold the ponytail together and create a small hole towards the base of your head. This allows you to pull the ponytail part through to give you a starting point for making a 3 tier like texture, like we see in the picture.
- You can now part your ponytail in half by pulling each of the sides through the hole and begin to pin as you continue to plait, you might need a number of the pins for your long hair.
- You can also do without the pics as long as you firmly plait the hair and spray with a hair spray to hold the shape in place. Don’t over do the spraying though it will give the style a stiff look that wont be stylish.
For an oval face shape with thin hair that has silky texture, you have to avoid those long blunt styles that will make you appear somewhat childish. So for your face shape, opt for side swept looks that bring out the shape and the edges more.
HOW TO CARE:
You see they always say long hair means more damage and maintenance so I always advise my fellow ladies to make a blow dryer their best friend. I make sure I blow dry my hair as much as I can, at least every other day and each drying gives you a more perfect feel. If you can, just leave your hair open and free for air to move through and you will be pleased at how long and fresh your hair will look.
HOW TO STYLE:
Take a look at the picture we have above, you will notice that she created a basic strand braid-like updo for her long hair. It’s quite simple and this is something you can do in about about five minutes before you rush to work. I basically have to do an updo on most of my days at work because I don’t like to leave my hair to flow if I have a busy day ahead of me. Let me take you through some of the simple steps that will help you finish with a beautiful but simple up-do in about 5 minutes.
- Separate the top section of your hair after giving it a thorough brush, then clip it out of the way and create two separate braids with the bottom section of the hair, then release the top to create a third braid.
- You can now twist the two outer pieces inside before you begin to braid and finally wrap the three braids around each other to bring out the final design you want.
- Finally you can use flexible holders to hold the hair with the kind of design you want to apply. I liked the way she blended the white roses, you can now add your favorite spray to finalize the magic look you just acquired.
If you have noticed, she has a long face which looks just fabulous with this king of long hair up-do. Oval faces look good on most hair styles I must say. Short hairstyles, funky or messy styles always bring out the best of such faces. You have to be sure of your face shape though before you chose on a specific style so I recommend you visit a hair stylist for clarifications on which styles make you look more sexy.
HOW TO CARE:
Most of us ladies really care so much about our hair that we can even go without a meal in our quest to be perfect, which most of our male companions have not really come to terms with. One thing I know for sure is we love our hair. So, do all you can to make your hair look nice but don’t forget to keep it clean, moist and oil it whenever you can to clean up all that dandruff on the scalp.
ENJOY THE REST OF THE GALLERY FOR LONG HAIR UP-DOS: