Almost every woman likes long hair but for some women this isn’t their dream, believe it or not. Some women are very satisfied with having a fierce short hairstyle because it flatters them so well, as you see the woman featured below. If you choose to go short then you’ll be much happier with your overall look if only you select a cut that compliments your face shape, and also matches with your hair texture and thickness.
However, it would be best for you spend some good time to consult a professional hairstylist who’s well-versed in creating great short hairstyles in order to know what style works for you.
1. ANGLED TOMBOY BY SHERRI SHEPHERD NOW
ANGLED TOMBOY – African American Black short hairstyles – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
All African women are naturally blessed with black hair and that’s why they prefer stylish short hairstyles. I think short hairdos for black women are up-to-date because they match their fashion and character of these ladies and this makes them to seem great and elegant in the black hair that is cut short to the best size ever. However, the woman featured above looks great and in order for you to look like her, follow the steps given below:
- Cut your hair short; but make sure you do it carefully to get the hairstyle you prefer in case you have long hair.
- After wash your hair thoroughly with a shampoo and conditioner; rinse and dry it very well but keep it moist by either applying a moisturizer.
- Then comb your hair your hair gently with awide toothed brush and then make that short hair style you prefer to have.
- To keep your hair shinning and looking good you will need to purchase a hair spray that helps it to shine and also protect it from the sun because black hair is weak and not flexible and this means it breakup easily.
In conclusion, those of you who like bangs you can apply a side swept bang because this will match that short hairstyle you’re having and you will really look great.
The lady featured above has a square face and so this shows that if you have such a type of face then short hair styles can really look great on your face but however, if you have an oval face still you can go for short hair styles because you will also look great. I advise those with round faces to tryout medium length hairstyles but not to opt for short hairstyles.
HOW TO CARE?
- You should wash your hair often but not every day like 3 times a week and please use a shampoo followed by a conditioner suited to anti-frizz or smooth texture your hair.
- Never blow dry your hair because this will make your short hair to stand on ends and frizz up also avoid straightening your hair if possible.
- Try to use a serum or a mousse to stop frizz and get that good look you want and believe me this will work for women with short hair styles but please don’t leave this product in your hair overnight, at least just rinse it out in the shower
2.TIMELESS BOY CUT NATURAL BLACK SHORT STYLE
BOY CUT NATURAL BLACK SHORT STYLE – African American Black short hairstyles – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
The lady your seeing above has thick black hair with layers and this makes her to really look great and so this means that if you’re having thick hair then it high time tried out this short hair style because you will really look great and very comfortable since your hair will always be above the shoulders, this is how you can style that particular hairstyle in case you like it;
- Wash your hair; this is the first stage of preparing your in order for you to remove all the dirt but using a good shampoo like ‘Black 15in1 Miracle Hair Shampoo, 6.6 Ounce’ which works for all hair types and also provides UV protection plus Reducing frizz and flyaway to your short hair.
- Blow dry your hair using a wide toothed round brush; this will help to straighten your short hair and shape it in the way you like.
- Use a curling iron to curl your hair away from the face; as you can see, the lady above has curls in her hair and in order for you to acquire them you need to have a curling iron.
- Apply wax to your hair; wax will help you to define and separate your hair, this gives will give you that good looking.
- If you’re a person who likes bangs then you can finally Style your bangs in any desired way that you like and you can set this style using a medium hold hairspray.
Square faces look great with this kind of short hairstyle. However, this style will work for all face shapes and all hair densities hence you can have this short hairstyle no matter what face shape is.
HOW TO CARE?
- Wash your hair at least three times a week and don’t try to over wash because this will weaken your hair and make it to over dry leading to hair breakage.
- Always use a hair dryer to dry your hair and also apply products like mousse and gels before you dry it, remember to also use things like putty and hairsprays afterwards or even any other product that works for you.
- Purchase and apply a styling product but not too much: this can be a hair spray, conditioner or moisturizer which will keep your looking good for thewhole day.
3. BESHE LACE FRONT WIG LW DREW
BESHE LACE FRONT WIG LW DREW – Black short hairstyles for curly hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Short curly hair can be very amazing because it is very comfortable compared to long curly hair like you can see in the lady featured in the picture above that she really looks classy and pretty with this kind of hairstyle because she has a square shaped face . However, you can style this short curly hairstyle by following these steps below;
- Always wash your hair; before doing anything, make sure you first wash your hair to remove all the dirt
- Dry your hair using a blower and then apply a curl enhancing crème and gel to help soften your hair before making curls out of it.
- Remember to gently diffuse your hair until it is moist dry but not very dry because this will make to break.
- Start curling your hair using a 1-inch curling iron; this will help your hair to acquire the curls that you like but this curling iron must be used gently and carefully because it may damage your hair.
- Apply a shine enhancing hairspray to your curly hair after you have done all the hair styling.
In my opinion, I think if you have a square face then this short curly hairstyle can work for you but still this style also works for all face shapes.
HOW TO CARE?
- Apply a good shampoo and conditioner; a hair conditioner impacts your hair more than shampoo does. And it is for this reason that you should find a shampoo specifically for your hair type because it will make your curls turn out better meaning that you will get a better looks.
- Don’t Use a towel to dry your hair; get a cotton T-shirt because it will help to reduce frizz and getting better sculpted curls compared to a towel because it completely dries your hair and does not leave your moist leading to hair breakages.
- Brush your hair using a wide tooth comb; if you always a brush then you should know that it can be very damaging to curly hair and it’s for this reason that I advise you to replace your brush with a comb but also that brush will help to make untangling easier.
- Remember to have your hair trimmed; but you should not trim it until you need it to be trimmed because if you’re having short curls just know that your hair will continue growing but to keep it short you need to trim it but not regularly.
4. H-LYNN BY MOTOWN TRESS
H-LYNN BY MOTOWN TRESS – Straight Black short hairstyles – Get it here!
5. TEAGAN BY REVLON
TEAGAN BY REVLON – Straight Black short hairstyles – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
If you have an oval face just know that a short straight hairstyle like the one featured above definitely works for you because it matches your face type. However, if you want to style your hair like the lady featured above then you have to follow the steps given below;
- Wash your hair; the first step before styling your hair is washing it thoroughly to remove all the dirt by using a good quality shampoo and conditioner.
- Slightly damp your hair; and then apply a shine enhancing styling crème from root to tip of your in order for you to get that good look.
- Use a wide toothed comb to sweep your bangs to the sides and to comb your hair into a style that you desire to have.
- Apply a hair spray to the sideburns and then all over your hair; this help make your hair shinny and also keep its texture in case you have natural hair.
- Style your hair using shine enhancing hairspray; this will help you get that straight nice looking hairstyle which will make you feel great and comfortable.
All face shapes can look good with this short black hair style but if you have oval shaped face then this is your best style because you can really look gorgeous and very beautiful if you go this style.
HOW TO CARE?
- Thoroughly wash and condition your hair; you should make sure that you use sulphate free products because it can terribly damage your hair and avoiding sulfates will also help prevent your hair from becoming frizzy, split or even damaged.
- Use terrycloth towels; you should ensure that you don’t put a regular towel on your head because all the tiny fibers of from this towel will make your hair frizz. Instead, so I advise to use a T-shirt or a microfiber towel to gently squeeze out any excess water and you should avoid rubbing or scrunching your hair as you do so.
- You should detangle your hair; make sure you acquire and use a wide-toothed plastic comb but not a brush, comb all tangles out of your wet hair starting at the bottom and moving up towards the roots even the in small sections.
- Use a heat protectant spray to your hair; this will prevent the damage caused by blow drying when straightening your hair and Spray it all over your hair but you can make it easier by hanging your head upside down and then spray.
6. LYNN BY JON RENAU
LYNN BY JON RENAU – Straight Black short hairstyles – Get it here!
7. BORI BY MOTOWN TRESS
BORI BY MOTOWN TRESS – Straight Black short hairstyles – Get it here!
8. ROMANCE BY REVLON
HOW TO STYLE
Most of you like to have bangs because they make you get that classy look like the lady featured above. However this lady has a short bob hairstyle which makes her to look really pretty with her oval shaped face therefore if you want to style your hair like this then you must follow the steps below;
- Clean or wash your hair properly before doing anything because this will help you to keep your hair moist and ready for the next stage.
- Blow dry your hair and apply a blow dry lotion from roots to tips of your hair because this will help to protect your during the blowing process so that it does not dry.
- Part your hair into small horizontal sections and then flat iron your hair and gently bend ends under in order for you acquire good results.
- Put a small amount of any hair oil to the ends of your hair because this will make your hair fresh and flexible hence this means it will not break.
- Use a flexible hold hairspray all over your head to keep it shinny and also flexible.
If you have an oval face then I think in my opinion that you should opt for a short bob like the lady featured in the picture above because bob hair can flatter your face with your hair very well. However those other faces can also go for this black short hairstyle.
HOW TO CARE?
- Always wash your hair thoroughly well and do this at least 3 times a week but using a Shampoo or conditionerin order to keep your hair very cleans.
- Put some straightening balm; apply this balm to the palm of your hand and rub it through your hair thoroughly.
- Apply a heat protection Spray: this will help to protect your hair when you’re straightening it using a flat iron to get that particular hairstyle that you want.
9. SASHA BY REVLON
10. ERIN BY AMORE
11. KATE PETITE BY ESTETICA
Black short hairstyles for thick hair – Get it here!
HOW TO STYLE
Some women like having messy hairstyles like the woman featured in the picture above. If you have curly thick hair then it’s very easy for to make it messy like the lady in the picture above who is having a black short hairstyle and also has thick hair with some curls in it. However, if you want to style you’re this thick short black hair then you should consider the following steps;
- Clean your hair by washing very well with a good quality shampoo and after apply apply a hair conditioner to keep it moist.
- Apply mousse; you should then apply a good quality mousse like ‘L’Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse by Healthy Look’ which provides beautiful natural looking color to your hair and it’s better to apply it as a shampoo because after washing it out it will give your hair that shinny look and feel.
- Blow dry you hair; you should do this starting with your bangs and sides towards the face using a small paddle brush and then blow dry the back and gently bend the ends under your hair in order to achieve good results.
- Put a styling crème like ‘Rusk Wired Flexible Styling Crème 6 Oz’ this is a good styling hair product that provides modern movement and texture to your hair and also providing pliable style support and flexible to your natural short hair.
This messy black short hairstyle for thick hair will make wonders for you in case you have an oval shaped face because it really matches that kind of face. However, I think that this hairstyle can also work for all face shapes and if at all you want to have it but you don’t have a square face then try this one out.
HOW TO CARE?
- Wash your hair with cold water;Cold water will make your hair moist, shinny, and will also reducefizziness to it.
- Condition your hair every time you are in the shower; make sure you choose a shampoo and conditioner that leaves your hair feeling good.
- Try not to use too much hair product; if you’re using a gel or mousse then put some into your palm and rub your palms together and then distribute it very all over your hair evenly.
12. BESHE LADY LACE
BESHE LADY LACE – Black short bob hairstyles – Get it here!
13. HUMAN HAIR WIGLET BY LOOK OF LOVE
Easy Black short hairstyles – Get it here!
14. ANGLED TOMBOY BY SHERRI SHEPHERD NOW